The five-member probe committee, formed by the Department of Tourism to investigate the case of death eight Indians at Everest Panorama Resort in Daman, is all set to make its report public without recommending legal action against the resort owner or staffers for their negligence.

The investigation has found that hotel employees let the tourists take a gas heater to their room because the management couldn’t handle the pressure of tourists.

The tourists didn’t have necessary clothes to keep themselves warm and they asked to take heater in order to prevent their children from cold, the report says as per sources.

As per media reports, the probe committee has not held the hotel answerable for any kind of negligence in this case.

Eight Indian tourists from Kerala died due to suffocation caused by a gas heater inside a room in Everest Panorama Resort on January 21.

Though the probe team did not find the resort responsible for any kind of negligence, it may suggest action against the resort owner for operating without registering with the government bodies, as per media reports.

Surendra Thapa, co-coordinator of the probe committee said, “We have found some lapses on the part of management team, but the guests themselves are more responsible for this unfortunate incident as they had forced the hotel staffers to take the gas heater inside the hotel room despite frequent requests of hotel staffers.”

Senior Superintended of Police Sushil Singh Rathaur, head of Makawanpur District Police, stated, “We accept that it was a mishap and the family members of the perished haven’t accused any staff member in the FIR. So we are in no situation to make any lawful move against the resort or its staff members.”