A huge fire erupted in Gaur of Rautahat district late on Wednesday night. The fire that started at a mattress store in Maisthan chowk went out of control, killing three minors.

According to the District Police Office, the deceased children were aged 9, 7 and 5.

Likewise, three others were severely injured in the fire, as they struggled to get out of the burning house.

They are currently being treated at the Provincial Hospital, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sunil Malla said.

Personnel from Nepal Police, Armed Police Force, Nepali Army, Fire Department and locals worked together for hours to take the fire under control.

Property worth millions were damaged in the incident. The cause of the fire is said to be electrical wiring short-circuit.