Two children, from the same family, died in a fire accident after their house was engulfed in flames in Raitamai-8, Udayapur.

On Friday evening, the house of Ram Bahadur Magar, a local at Rautamai, caught fire while Magar’s two-year-old son and six-year-old daughter were still inside. Magar and his wife had both gone to work at the time of the incident.

According to Deputy Inspector of Police, Rakesh Kumar Podara, the fire broke out due to an electrical short circuit.

“Both the kids lost their consciousness after the fire incident and were immediately rushed to the District Hospital for further treatment,” narrated Gaurav Bahadur Magar, a local teacher.

The place of the incident was around 45 km away from the district so the treatment of injured children was delayed.